Solana Tech Roundup
Iterations on bug fixes and QA for QUIC is still happening. Compute budget changes on transactions will be updating this coming week to be calculated based on the number of instructions. Transactions V2 will be coming soon after and is available today on Devnet.
Minimum Stake Delegation Increase
There is a proposal to increase to minimum stake delegation from 1 lamport to 1 SOL. This proposal will affect any staking applications, wallets, and more.
Why was this change made?
During reward distribution at the beginning of every epoch, there are a large number of accounts that the leader must compute on to determine the rewards. Reward calculations scale linearly with the number of stake accounts, and can stall progress if the calculation takes seconds.
How will minimum stake delegation increase?
There is a requirement for an on-chain vote using the feature-proposal program to go live.
When you set your compute price to get your transactions prioritized, it will be in micro-lamports, not lamports.
RPC got support for base58 and base64 encoding, adding to both getProgramAccounts and programSubscribe.
List of Changes
- Web3.js: maxRetries works now when 0
- BigtableUploadService: Recheck first available block to avoid locking up after startup
- Web3.js: getPerformanceSamples can be used when a connection has the default commitment
- Ledger-tool: Prevent calculating hash on non-rooted slots
- Ledger-tool: Add execution time taken
- Avoid redundant lock contention using RwLock instead of Mutex
- Metrics: Measure end-to-end replay slot time
- Add get confirmed transactions to storage-bigtable
- Forward packets by prioritization in descending order
- This changes prioritization on packet forwarding to use the requested compute units for transaction cost by fee priority
- Bypass window-service stage before retransmitting shreds
- Parse snapshot for bank field to help with debugging tools
- RPC: Enable base58 and base64 encoding parameters for Memcmp filters
- Shreds sig-verify is now in its own stage apart from tpu voting and transaction packets
- Provide accurate startup stats for rent payers
- Add upsertReclaim for accountsdb
- Allows to ignore reclaims while not being cached
- Setting compute price is done in micro-lamports
- Add function to get max accounts data size from Bank
- RPC: Support programSubscribe filter mapping