Solana Tech Roundup
Durable nonce bug has a patch merged and on its way to mainnet-beta. You can track the Durable nonce patch on the associated Github issue. As highlighted in today's upcoming change, token-list is finally getting deprecated on June 20th.
The previous way of creating token metadata via the Github repo token-list is being deprecated. This archaic way of creating token metadata is being replaced by the use of Metaplex Fungible Token Metadata.
To create a new token, you can use tools like Strata protocol's token creator or the demo token creator project. You use the Metaplex libraries to update the metadata in the future if you have it on Arweave or another IPFS. A full technical token creation tutorial can be found on the token creator project.
This patch is a large change to the previous way of doing durable nonce transactions. Instead of tying to the chain's blockhash, a new DurableNonce type is created for the account.
All old nonce accounts will need to execute a new instruction to upgrade to use the new durable nonce domain.
List of Changes
- Add metrics to monitoring vote account closures
- Add metrics for monitoring replay time
- Add ability to load accounts into read cache
- Optimization: Batch account stores eagerly
- Parallelize Rent Collection
- Separate Nonce and Blockhash domains
- This change is a patch to the bug that caused consensus to halt on June 1st.
- Enable metric tags to be configurable at runtime
- Client: Add nonblocking client and connection trait
- Serialize lamports per signature so it can be verified
- VoteStateUpdate processing counts dequeued slots and then award that many credits
- Default value FIFO compaction is now consistent with validator args
- If program panics, bail out to do less work
- Add non-blocking QUIC server
- Add CPU metrics
- Add new shred variant for embedding merkle tree hashes of the erasure batch
- Add simulateTransaction to banks-client to get return_data
- Programs have been able to return data for some time. This is also added to banks-client
- Removed static connection cache
- Reject durable nonce transactions not signed by authority
- Reject durable nonce transactions that do not use an advanceable nonce
- Remove compaction logic when backing up and clearing blockstore
- Compaction doesn't matter in this case as it is quite slow and the rocksdb already has automatic background compaction.
- Permanently disable durable nonces with the chain blockhash domain
- Since durable nonces are now in their own domain, the old way of doing durable nonces needs to be disabled.
- Add system instruction to upgrade legacy nonce versions